VMK Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
VMK Friends

This site was created for friends from VMK to keep in touch and so they can still stay friends when VMK closes.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why did VMK close?

Go down 
+3
MagicMysteryWind
SarahGirlGirly
Pinkie_Poof
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pinkie_Poof
Admin
Admin
Pinkie_Poof

Number of posts : 142
Mood: : Happy Very Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Why did VMK close? Empty
PostSubject: Why did VMK close?   Why did VMK close? EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 3:49 am

I am so confused why VMK closed. Why would they go to all the work with designing VMK if they are just going to close it? I really can't think of any good reason why they would close it. They say because of money. VMK could make so much money if they wanted to. They could make pay to play, and I'm sure people would do that. So many people used to buy codes. They could make codes and other VMK merchandise and they could get rich off it I'm sure. They could do so many things to get money if they chose to do so. I know VMK has been closed for more than a month now, but that doesn't mean we have to loose hope in VMK. I have heard rumors that VMK is going to come out pay to play in the summer, but I don't know whether to believe in it. What would Walt Disney do? He has said "If you can dream it, you can do it." and "It's kind of fun to do the impossible. " We can fight together to get VMK back. Don't let the magic die.

~Pinkie_Poof
Back to top Go down
http://www.vmkfriends.friendhood.net
SarahGirlGirly
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
SarahGirlGirly

Number of posts : 127
Mood: : def. bored.
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Why did VMK close? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did VMK close?   Why did VMK close? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 8:11 am

I agree Pink, what would Walt Do? "Dreams do come true" Well if they do, who was VMK a dream that was crushed? I agree with ya.
Back to top Go down
MagicMysteryWind
Fantastic User!
Fantastic User!
MagicMysteryWind

Number of posts : 34
Mood: : I am super MOODIFIED!!!!!!!!! YEA!!! moooooodifiiiied........
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Why did VMK close? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did VMK close?   Why did VMK close? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:50 pm

they say it was Only A PROMOTION. i doubt it. I love vmk and i won't quit until it is back online! queen
Back to top Go down
Pinkie_Poof
Admin
Admin
Pinkie_Poof

Number of posts : 142
Mood: : Happy Very Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Why did VMK close? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did VMK close?   Why did VMK close? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:24 pm

I like your spirit MagicMysteryWind. =)

~Pinkie_Poof
Back to top Go down
http://www.vmkfriends.friendhood.net
JediYoda
Outstanding User!
Outstanding User!
JediYoda

Number of posts : 81
Mood: : I Feel... I Feel... I Don't Know!! Stop Challenging Me!
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Why did VMK close? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did VMK close?   Why did VMK close? EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 9:13 am

Ridley Pearson, a close friend to Disney and the author of Kingdom Keepers 1 and 2 know the real answer and listed it in his book, Kingdom Keepers 2. He said that the game was closed for security purposes. That is all he said about the closure. In the book, and in real life, VMK is gone.
Back to top Go down
http://OperationMagic.com
MagicMysteryWind
Fantastic User!
Fantastic User!
MagicMysteryWind

Number of posts : 34
Mood: : I am super MOODIFIED!!!!!!!!! YEA!!! moooooodifiiiied........
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Why did VMK close? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did VMK close?   Why did VMK close? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:32 am

vmk is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Face Exclamation I love you
Back to top Go down
Doodle :D
Outstanding User!
Outstanding User!
Doodle :D

Number of posts : 196
Mood: : Goofy tongue
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Why did VMK close? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did VMK close?   Why did VMK close? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:28 pm

heres the real reason vmk closed. habbo did not kill it

the contract that disney and sulake signed has expired. i dont see why they cant renew it, but here are some reasons why.

- maybe disney and sulake got into a dissagrement or something and disney is not satisfied
-the contract might have said that disney can only use their graphics under a certain timeframe

the BIG truth
Back to top Go down
AJesusChristBeliever
Good User
Good User

Number of posts : 8
Mood: : Sad Sad because of Disney
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Why did VMK close? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did VMK close?   Why did VMK close? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 6:38 am

They closed it because they no longer can pay it i think. Sad
Back to top Go down
dudemeister130

Number of posts : 1
Mood: : Type your mood here.
Registration date : 2010-11-28

Why did VMK close? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did VMK close?   Why did VMK close? EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:50 pm

well disney has a bunch of money. i loved vmk and im sure everyone on this site and everyone that ever played it feels the same way. i do hope the bring it back and i try to think possitive. i love disney, but after vmk was closed, i started to feel different about dsiney. they are always so fixed on dreams and dreams coming true, but closing vmk was totally the opposite of dreams coming true. at first vmk was a promotional game it was only supposed to be opened for a week. but the site got so many hits that they descided to keep it up. and i do agree that they could make a load of money off of the whole vmk pay and play. and i hate how they closed vmk right after huge dream and wish promotion where if you were at the right place at the right time you could meet one of the mods and get whatever item you wanted in vmk. it is extremely sad, i miss the music, and the quests and the mini games, and just being in disney land on your comuter. hopefuly they will come to there sences and reopen it, i would literaly pay $15 a month for vmk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why did VMK close? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did VMK close?   Why did VMK close? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why did VMK close?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VMK Friends :: Virtual Magic Kingdom :: VMK Closing-
Jump to: